Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Maximus Child Support Review Every 3 Years

I recently received a letter in the mail from Maximus informing me that I could have my case reviewed. They send these letters out every 3 years. Simply call the number listed and you can request a review of your case. I called. I explained to the worker on the phone that I wanted a review. There was a clerical mistake made in the beginning of my case, that caused over $7000 in arrears to be zeroed out. I cannot afford an attorney to fix this matter. I don't think I should HAVE to pay for someone else's mistake, anyway. She told me that my case would be opened up for review and that I would be contacted by an attorney from Maximus. That was 3 months ago. I have heard nothing.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Child Support Stopped

Well, just like clockwork for this time of year, the child support has stopped. No arrears being added. Nothing being done about it. Can't afford an attorney. Hands tied behind my back. Time to just sit and wonder when it will start back up again.Glad I have a supportive family to back me up in these times of hardship. I feel sorry for people who don't have anyone to help them when this happens. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :(

Saturday, March 29, 2014

No More Direct Deposit Chase Visa Only

Maximus no longer handles direct depositing of child support into your personal bank account. What does this mean, you may ask? Well, what this means is if you have child support being collected through the State of Tennessee, you have no other option for receiving your payments, except for the Chase Visa card. Don't bother calling, as they will simply give you the typical run around. They may even give you a phone number to call at the State and tell you that you can receive the paperwork for direct depositing through them. This is not true. They have simply done away with the option. This card charges you for checking your balance, and using the card. You can, however, login to your card at https://www.myaccount.chase.com/chp, and transfer the money from the card to your bank account. To make a long story short, people are stuck with this card whether they want it, or not. End of story.